Alternative Accommodation

Find out about other halls of residences, shared houses and flats.

There are lots of student accommodation options in Leeds, including halls of residence and shared houses and flats, find out more below.

Our accommodation team can advise on which accommodation may best suit your needs.

Halls of residence

You should contact the accommodation provider directly to find out about rental costs, deposits, what’s included and what will happen if you can’t take up your place of study in September.
Within a 20 minute walk from Leeds College of Music:

A longer walk or short bus ride from Leeds College of Music:

Shared houses and flats

If you would prefer to live in a shared house or flat, we strongly recommend you use the services of Unipol, particularly if you are an international student. 

Unipol is a reputable, charitable trust, partly funded by universities and colleges in Leeds (including Leeds College of Music) to help students find a place to live. It’s non-profit making and provides free and comprehensive services.

Unipol manage their own accommodation and also recommend houses, flats and rooms let by private landlords who have signed up to the Unipol Code of Conduct, giving reassurance that the property is good quality, safe and well managed.

Visit the Unipol website for more information.


If you have any questions, please contact the accommodation team on 0113 222 3411 or email

Leeds City Guide

With a thriving music scene, an abundance of events, an eclectic cultural calendar and an ever-growing food and drink sector, we can safely say that life in Leeds is never dull.

Read our guide to Leeds
We're taking a break over the Easter weekend and we'll be back on Tuesday 14 April. Let us know what you get up to…
UoH-Logo.png (2) tef small.png QAA logo Conservatoires UK logo Partner_1.png AEC logo Roland logo prs-keychange-logo_red-blue_pantone-c (fine to use).png Luminate_Education_Group_Logo (small).png