Working in the EU

Things to consider when working as a musician in the EU

Musicians' Union Website

Working in the EU after Brexit 

For UK musicians, the ability to easily travel and work within the EU is crucial. In order to assist musicians in understanding the impact of Brexit on their ability to work in the EU, The Musicians' Union have provided guidance, resources, and answers to frequently asked questions in a comprehensive guide.

Read the MU Guide on their website

The guide covers the below topics and more:

Musicians Union

Working in the EU

  • The new regulations following Brexit
  • The documents you will need to work and live in the EU
  • Government guidance
  • ATA Carnets and GMR’s
  • European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
  • Social Security & Taxation
  • Preparation for travel

You can also download an interactive flowchart:

Download the Flowchart

If you have any questions about working in the EU, please email the Leeds Conservatoire Enterprise and Employability team at and we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. 

UoH-Logo.png (2) Conservatoires_Logo.png Partner_1.png AEC_Logo.png Roland_Logo.png prs-keychange-logo_red-blue_pantone-c (fine to use).png Luminate_Education_Group_Logo (small).png