And how to apply.

If you do not get a room in Joseph Stones House or One Mill Street, or want to live elsewhere, there are several privately run halls of residence to which you can apply – or you can choose to live in a shared house.

Other Halls of Residence

Other halls of residence are available in Leeds. You should contact the accommodation provider directly to find out about rental costs, deposits, what’s included and what will happen if you can’t take up your place of study in September.
Within a 20 minute walk from Leeds College of Music:

A longer walk or short bus ride from Leeds College of Music:

Shared houses and flats

If you would prefer to live in a shared house or flat, we strongly recommend you use the services of Unipol, particularly if you are an international student.  Unipol is a reputable, charitable trust, partly funded by universities and colleges in Leeds (including Leeds College of Music) to help students find a place to live. It’s non-profit making and provides free and comprehensive services.
Unipol manage their own accommodation and also recommend houses, flats and rooms let by private landlords who have signed up to the Unipol Code of Conduct, giving reassurance that the property is good quality, safe and well managed.
Visit the Unipol website for more information.


0113 222 3411 
| accommodation@lcm.ac.uk

FAQ: Living Away From Home

More about life on campus


Prepare for a professional career through access to Leeds College of Music's state-of-the-art facilities



All our tutors are active musicians and experts in their field. Meet the professionals


From services to societies, Leeds College of Music Students' Union is at the centre of student life